Friday, August 25, 2017

Inktober 2016 4: Hill, Williams & Welby

The great poet and critic Geoffrey Hill died during the summer of 2016. I've read his poetry with a mixture of awe, admiration and mystification since I was a teenager. A boy who was cleverer than me told me that Hill was 'very fine', so I bought a copy of his select poems. I still find odd phrases from his work have a way of popping up my brain from time to time. And, then, of course I drew pictures of him on a dinosaur. Now that he is amongst the immortals, I decided to upgrade his triceratops to a T. Rex. the king (queen?) of monsters.

Then my sister asked me why I had drawn a picture of Rowan Williams riding a dinosaur, so I had to make a drawing of Rowan Williams riding a dinosaur:
And, having drawn a Former Archbishop of Canterbury On A Dinosaur, it only felt right to draw the Current Archbishop of Canterbury On A Dinosaur:

This is more than enough.